What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple AppleIDs

Pauleduc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Got myself into a situation where I have apps on my iPad and iPhone are owned by 2 different AppleIDs. This happened a while back when I had to get a me.com account to use those services - so I ended up over time with some apps owned by my me.com account, and others owned by by email account.

I have asked Apple if I could consolidate the ownership of all my apps under just one AppleID, and they said no!

So, I am looking for a way to do this. Many of my apps are free, so I think I should be able to delete those owned by one AppleID, and reinstall them under the other AppleID. Is there any way for me to identify which apps on my devices are owned by which AppleIDs?

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes you can, the difficulty I don't really know...

If you have a jailbroken device you can do this in app...
1. Open iFile
2. Open the specified application
3. Choose and click "iTunesMetaData.plist" and choose either text viewer (3.a) or property list viewer (3.b)
3.a (Text Viewer) Just scroll down and look for the "account info" then "Apple ID", you will see it there (use the search function for easier searching)
3.b1 (Property List Viewer) Click "com.apple.iTunesStore.downloadinfo"
3.b2 Then click "accountInfo"
3.b3 Then look at AppleID

If you don't have a jailbroken device, you can hook it up to your desktop or laptop (Way 1) (Preferred)
1. Hook your iPad up.
2. Then open it with any program that opens the iPad's File Directory (such as iFunbox, iExplorer, etc.)
3. Then open user applications
4. Double-click the desired app, then just follow the same steps on the above.

(Way 2) (Not really recommended, look at instructions)
1. Hook it up
2. Open iTunes (Make sure you have "authorized" your iTunes with your desired apple ID so only the ones registered here goes in)
3. Sync it, you will receive a warning (because of the other apps that are not registered for this Apple ID), click yes, the others not registered for that account will automatically disappear... Lol... Not really recommended..

I don't really have any "simpler" ways, sorry.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Its laborious but you can check in itunes. Right click on each app and choose GET INFO, it will then display which account it was bought on, make a note and move on to the next app.

AllenSalar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Its laborious but you can check in itunes. Right click on each app and choose GET INFO, it will then display which account it was bought on, make a note and move on to the next app.
Now that's way easier, lol. :thumbs: xD

OP
Pauleduc

Pauleduc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, thanks for the info... I will try verifying via iTunes, although I am not sure this will work. Why?

Because I found one app that was purchased under one AppleID, deleted it, then purchased it again under the other AppleID. (it was free.. Flipboard) Then I used the App Store app and checked Purchased Apps. I did this with both AppleIDs, hoping to see what belongs to which AppleID.

Guess what? The app shows up as purchased by BOTH AppleIDs! Figure that one out!

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Pauleduc said:
Well, thanks for the info... I will try verifying via iTunes, although I am not sure this will work. Why?

Because I found one app that was purchased under one AppleID, deleted it, then purchased it again under the other AppleID. (it was free.. Flipboard) Then I used the App Store app and checked Purchased Apps. I did this with both AppleIDs, hoping to see what belongs to which AppleID.

Guess what? The app shows up as purchased by BOTH AppleIDs! Figure that one out!

Yes, even apps deleted from the iPad will show up under the purchased tab in the appropriate ID in iTunes. You could look at the purchased section in iTunes to see what was purchased and then check the other ID the same way. There is a choice in purchased that lets you see all or not on this device. (of course, do this on the iPad)

Most reactions