What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple 30pin conenctors, one device?

monkeyman2424

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there something that allows you to plug in multiple accessories with 30 pin conenctors to one ipad or ipod?

Like, nike + sensor and irig midi (just an example)?

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hmmm. I haven't seen anything like that. I have looked quite a bit at accessories for the iPad, so I would think I would have come across this. The way I understand it there would have to be royalties paid to Apple for something like this.

What are you wanting to use such a thing for, might I ask?

OP
M

monkeyman2424

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just thought it would be cool. Maybe irig midi in one side and an extension cord going to a dock with speakers on the other. It would be useful...

TylerThomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah,

I could probably find use for such a thing too. It would be cool, I don't know if there are any things hindering such a thing from being made or not. Whoever made it would have to pay royalties to Apple for using the 30-pin connector in their device, so that might deter some lower end companies from making it. But I would honestly think that something like this would have been made already in the years that the iPad has been on the market. It's such a simple idea and could be generally practical for a decent amount of tasks. I would buy one if I someone started making them. But unless I'm just unaware there isn't anyone making them right now. I have looked at almost every type of iPad accessory on the market right now and have never come across something like this.

My only suggestion is to search for "dual 30-pin connector" and similar phrases to see if you can't find a lead in some search result. That would probably be your best bet if there is already something like this out there.

Most reactions

Latest posts