What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multimedia Remote Sugestions

Logan06

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm looking for some sugestions on RDP software to use with my Media Center.

I have a Windows 7 box running Windows Media Center (WMC) and Media Browser. I'm looking for a way to use my iPad as a full screen remote for the Media Center. My issue is that of the RDP solutions I have tried all black out the iPad screen when you open WMC. I'm assuming this has to do with the native resolution of the iPad.

I thought it would be cool to be able to duplicate the WMC screen on the iPad. And use the touch screen to control the media center.

If you have any sugestions or idea's I would love to hear them.

Thanks

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've got a similar setup and have always had problems with VNC apps displaying black if I try to view full screen WMC - even if I display them on my laptop so I don't think it's the ipad causing the problem there.

I have played with some remote apps on my iPhone which don't replicate the screen but instead give a control surface which replicates the keyboard mappings you've setup for your physical remote, including the direct shortcuts for the main menu items. There's likely to be some similar apps for the ipad but I don't know them off the top of my head.

Most reactions

Latest posts