What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multigestures

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I searched around and couldn't find an answer... If I DIDN't enable the multigestures when I initially performed the jailbreak, can I go back and add that feature somehow? I tried to see if the option was there going back into the JB software, but didn't see it. I went into Cydia and downloaded the activator, but it seems to be hit or miss on when/if it works.

I have an Ipad 1 with IOS5- tethered jb

OP
N

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went back in to redsnow and hit jailbreak and it went straight to the part where I go into DUF mode. When I initially JB the ipad I thought I selected what I wanted BEFORE it went into DUF mode... Do you go into DUF mode before you select those options?

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The options are supposed to show up before.

Edit:
I just checked redsnow, and I can't find the options either. Did they get rid of them in the new redsnow?

Last edited:
OP
N

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just used the redsnow jb like 2 days ago... My guess is that once you jb it those options are gone in that program.

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, it's quite simple once you know how...

The new redsn0w tries to automatically identify your firmware by launching straight into DFU mode, and can't offer you any options until it knows what device and firmware you are jailbreaking. But, there is an easy way to reveal the options manually:

1) download a copy of the firmware you have jailbroken on your iPad to your desktop from our thread here - http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-hacking/24939-official-apple-ios-firmware-download-links-ipad.html
2) open redsn0w, switch to the "Extras" menu, and press "Select IPSW" and choose the firmware file you just downloaded
3) go "back" to the main menu and press "jailbreak"
4) now you will be presented with the menu of jailbreak options for the device and firmware you have loaded and you can set just to enable the gestures before you enter DFU mode...

Hope that helps.

OP
N

nickcuban

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Worked like a charm! The only thing that made me a bit nervous was that it didn't boot up all the way (stuck at apple logo) until I did a force reset and did the 'just boot' feature. Good stuff and thanks for the help!

Most reactions

Latest posts