1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Multigestures on Ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad 2 Forum' started by ratatapa, Mar 15, 2011.

1. ratatapa

ratatapa iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello, I don't have an Ipad2 yet, simply because it comes up in 1 week in canada (boo)

So we all know that for us Ipad1 even with IOS 4.3 we don't have multigestures, I wanted to know, can you do it on ipad2?

Thanks
  2. epb

epb iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    Multigestures is supported by iOS, not specific to the iPad 1 or 2. When the capability is added, all iPads will have them.
  3. Tim SPRACKLEN

Tim SPRACKLEN iPad Legend

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +121 / 0
    If you want multi-gestures, it's fairly straightforward to turn them on if you have access to a Mac computer and are prepared to spend the $5 for the purchase of Apple's Xcode.

Here is the run through

How to enable multitasking gestures in iOS 4.3 -- Engadget

It's not jail breaking, but it's not officially supported either, so you won't get any help from Apple. But it is fairly straightforward and uneventful.

Tim
    Scotland
  4. Kayno

Kayno iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I enabled multitouch gestures on my iPad 2 running 4.3 by plugging it into Xcode and putting it in development mode.
  5. Kayno

Kayno iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I did it with the free version of Xcode. The version right before the paid version.