What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi language keyboard

regdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi!
I have an iPad with version 3.2.2 (I did jailbreak also), but now I noticed that I can't write in all my needed letters with it.
For example, "ā, ū, č" and many more in Latvian language.
I see that there is no update pack or something that would add these letters to iPad, but maybe there is another solution.
Any ideas how to get my needed letters?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To get to the Latvian keyboard, go into Settings then General then Keyboard then International Keyboards then Add New Keyboard then scroll down and tap on Latvian.

The to use the Latvian keyboard, click on the little globe to the left of the space bar. While this looks just like the English keyboard, you can hold down the "a" key and that will bring up a little popup box that will give you 9 more ways to type the "a" with the various symbols. This also works for several other characters on the keyboard as well.

latvia.jpg

Yes, there are a lot of hoops to jump through, but it can be done! Oh, and you need iOS 4.2.1 to get the Latvian keyboard.

Labu veiksmi!

Last edited:
OP
R

regdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Latvietis? :D
So I need 4.2.1...
I tried to jailbreak 3.2.2 for 4h, then somehow it happened (tried both methods).
Don't know if I will jailbreak 4.2.1, don't even know if it is possible to jailbreak 4.2.1, looks like a lot of fake videos showing it, although redsn0w seems to do it.
Can you confirm that 4.2.1 can be jailbreaked? Maybe even a nice tutorial? :)
Btw, if I fail, is there a solution that allows me to downgrade even if I update?

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This keyboard comes with iOS 4.2.1. You do not need to jailbreak to use it.

OP
R

regdude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thing would be easy if I wouldn't need Backgrounder and other apps.

Most reactions