What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi gestures

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
An anyone tell me what these are please or where I can find a list of them. all I know is the 5 finger pinch i. Ios5 to get to home screen. Would love to know more.
Thank you

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Under Settings, where you toggle gestures on and off, there's a list of three or four gestures. I don't know of any others.

OP
Grinchy

Grinchy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Under Settings, where you toggle gestures on and off, there's a list of three or four gestures. I don't know of any others.

Thank you. I am sure someone will come up with a bigger list but thank you for your reply.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
While there are other gestures, those are the only gestures controlled by that setting. As far as I can tell the remaining gestures are the same, though the results of the gestures seem to have been tweaked; especially the ones for selecting and editing text.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, as TP has stated you need iOS 5 on your iPad - then this option will appear in your 'General Settings' as already stated.

After my upgrade, I've been playing w/ these 4-5 finger motions (i.e. that number of fingers need to be touching your iPad screen).

Moving your fingers upward, brings up the 'taskbar' - same as quickly double pressing the 'Home Button' in older OS versions.

Once an App is selected, then using the same maneuver 'right to left or the other way' will open different apps - a little quicker option IMO.

If an App is opened then using the multiple fingers and 'squeezing' will close the app and return you to the 'home screen' - is there more, just wondering? ;)

Now when you want 2 apps open to go 'back & forth', then would be nice that these are adjacent to each other - w/ the 'task bar' opened, I've not been able to move the Apps into the positions desired (even w/ the 'wiggle' maneuver) - any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks. :)

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Now when you want 2 apps open to go 'back & forth', then would be nice that these are adjacent to each other - w/ the 'task bar' opened, I've not been able to move the Apps into the positions desired (even w/ the 'wiggle' maneuver) - any suggestions would be appreciated - thanks. :)

Open one app, then close it with the Home button. Open the second app. Now you can four finger swipe to move between the two apps. The multitask bar always puts the apps in the order of last opened first. Even if you reopen it from the multitask bar, it will move to the front.

rev217

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do not understand why multi-gestures have not been activated for iPad 1. I had it before I upgraded to iOS 5. It is not a memory intensive feature. Photo editing should also have been included. Now there is a host of other problems. I cannot copy from Sahara to any other apps which I used to be able to do. What gives with that? I used to be able to print with AirPrintActivator to my wifi network Canon printer. Now I can't see it on my network at all. I had to purchase a work around but it is not as useful as the previous solution. In order to have these 'updates' I have to lose all the great features I had before. This is not a trade off, this is a shoot out and iPad 1 users, the early adopters, are the losers! I like the updates but hate what it cost me! I've been an Apple products owner/user since the MacSE days and I have never seen an update that 'broke' so many things as this one did!

Extremely unhappy!

Most reactions

Latest posts