What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi Device Sync

pdaunno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have both an iPad (1st Gen) and an iPhone 4. I sync both of these with iTunes on my iMac. I end up getting apps on my iPad that I really only want on my iPhone. Is there a setting I can configure to have sync work like I want?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
Once each device is connected to iTunes, go to the apps tab on the device and tick the apps you want and untick the ones you don't. You can also organise where they appear and in folders if you wish, sometimes easier than doing it on the device itself.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I find two libraries as a bit of a chore, different playlists from the same library is the way I do it, no problem if you sync to the wrong library then because you forgot to switch before syncing.

graywolf

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
I find two libraries as a bit of a chore, different playlists from the same library is the way I do it, no problem if you sync to the wrong library then because you forgot to switch before syncing.

It does get confusing. :)

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think the option you are looking for is at the bottom of the Apps list on the Apps tab for each device. This states "Automatically sync new apps". It is probably ticked in your case.
That's why when you sync a new app from your first device it ends up on your second.

Hope that helps.

OP
P

pdaunno

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the help everyone. I got it all sorted out today thanks to these tips.

Most reactions

Latest posts