What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multi App Icon

louisp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I categorize many of my apps, I.e. "Forums", "Utilities", etc. using the standard iPad method. Is there an icon maker app that accepts multiple bookmarks/web sites?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I categorize many of my apps, I.e. "Forums", "Utilities", etc. using the standard iPad method. Is there an icon maker app that accepts multiple bookmarks/web sites?

I'm hoping I understand your question correctly, please forgive me if I am mistaken.

In Safari, when you on a page that you want to bookmark, hit the 'curly arrow' button and choose 'Add to Home Screen'. That puts an icon of that screen on your Home page. Now, whenever you touch that icon, it will start Safari and take you directly to that page. Those 'bookmark' icons can be sorted into folders just like the apps can - by holding down any icon until they start to jiggle and then dragging one bookmark icon onto another and keep on going until you have all your required bookmarks in the same folder. Then you can rename the folder in the usual way - say 'News Sites', or 'Film Review Sites' etc.

If this wasn't what you were asking, I apologise.

Tim

OP
L

louisp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
I'm hoping I understand your question correctly, please forgive me if I am mistaken.

In Safari, when you on a page that you want to bookmark, hit the 'curly arrow' button and choose 'Add to Home Screen'. That puts an icon of that screen on your Home page. Now, whenever you touch that icon, it will start Safari and take you directly to that page. Those 'bookmark' icons can be sorted into folders just like the apps can - by holding down any icon until they start to jiggle and then dragging one bookmark icon onto another and keep on going until you have all your required bookmarks in the same folder. Then you can rename the folder in the usual way - say 'News Sites', or 'Film Review Sites' etc.

If this wasn't what you were asking, I apologise.

Tim

That is what I do now.

I'm wanting to have a colored icon titled, say, Forums which contains all my forums. I guess the easiest way to explain myself is "I would like a nicer icon to contain multiple forums.". Basically, I'm being vane.

Thanks for your help Tim.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You could use 'Touch Icon Creator', which lets you create custom icons for your Home screen. You can even put photographs onto your icons.

Tim

OP
L

louisp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
You could use 'Touch Icon Creator', which lets you create custom icons for your Home screen. You can even put photographs onto your icons.

Tim

Thanks again.

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:

Tim

Now that's useful, Ho hum, off to the app store... I can have pictures of the people I work with as icons with this app? If so, it might just make life a little easier, my IPad is due a sync, and is pretty full of stuff. Can this be replicated in iTunes in any way?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if it can be replicated in iTunes. It was originally intended to be used on the iPhone as a 'Speed Dial' feature, where you'd have all the people you 'phoned associated with picture icons..

Tim

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
Not sure if it can be replicated in iTunes. It was originally intended to be used on the iPhone as a 'Speed Dial' feature, where you'd have all the people you 'phoned associated with picture icons..

Tim

Thanks Tim, it's only .59p, so at least it will help organise my iPad if nothing else :)

ipfuser55

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tim SPRACKLEN said:
And you can always get your money back if it doesn't do what it 'says on the can'

Tim

For .59p? I couldn't :) :)

Most reactions

Latest posts