What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MS Word on iPad

nightowl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I downloaded word on my iPad , but it looks like I can't use it unless I sign into a account. Are the documents I create on the iPad stored on the cloud?

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Free version? If so, then it does appear to use cloud based as the primary. It does, however, store a copy on the iPad that it opens if you are offline and then syncs when online.

Per one site I found:
"But the document is also retained, or cached, on the device, so if you go to access it in an offline situation—such as on an airplane—it is still available. Cached documents have a green "checkmark" over their document icon, differentiating them from offline-only documents."

I created a document with WiFi off and it saved it and allowed me to edit. Turned WiFi on and it synced. Turned WiFi off again and the local copy was still available.

Most reactions

Latest posts