What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MS Word / Excel editting free app !

Hasny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am an extensive user of word and excellent docs and often need to transfer such files from laptop to my iPad, download attachments and then edit them on the ipad before dispatching them. I have found File app as a useful storage app than helps to and fro wifi transfer of such files saw ell, but when it comes to editing on iPad....I don't find any good free app. Please help.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
To the best of my knowledge all of the better Office Suite apps cost. Every free app I've seen has lousy reviews.

Office apps take considerable programing chops and experience to do right. Given that, you won't find many developers willing to give their product away for free.

Rather than look for something for free, put in the time to research which app is the closest to what you need, so that you only have to pay once.

Sorry, but that's the best advice I can give.

Last edited:

Capri142

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I was looking for the same thing and never found anything that would allow me to edit any of my OFFICE files on iPad. So I have been doing any editing/creating on my desktop. Any OFFICE files that I need to have with me, I can carry on the iPad using Dropbox...Just cant do anything with them once there.

hpulmer

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.saveourseafarers.com
I agree with naresh08 and twerpoet.

Cloudon is great, but you need a stable internet connection.
If you need to be able to edit them offline you will need to pay some bucks for a good one - quality has its price.

☠ stay safe ☠ stay legal ☠

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I am an extensive user of word and excellent docs and often need to transfer such files from laptop to my iPad, download attachments and then edit them on the ipad before dispatching them. I have found File app as a useful storage app than helps to and fro wifi transfer of such files saw ell, but when it comes to editing on iPad....I don't find any good free app. Please help.

Agree w/ several of the previous posters, i.e. open up your wallet and buy Pages & Numbers ($20 for both), or another similar Office set of apps (check out the App Store & do some searching here) - good luck! :)

spatra

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Try AstralPad app. it's a new office document collaboration app and works well with Dropbox files.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

goofy8275

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have SmartOffice2 on my iPad, I believe it's free for a limited time (normally $10 I think). It's a great all-in-one office suite app.

Sebita2305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
quickoffice does the job. Is the best one integrated with the cloud (dropbox, Box,..). It has only one problem with images. But the rest, i have even had better results than Pages and Numbers. Try it

Most reactions

Latest posts