What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mr. Clueless--help

cooter9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My wife wants an Ipad for Christmas. I'm clueless as to which is the best for the money and I really don't need to spend more than $300 or less. Please don't steer me wrong as it wouldn't be hard but have a heart please an advise me. She said she doesn't have to have the latest and newest.

Thanks!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My wife wants an Ipad for Christmas. I'm clueless as to which is the best for the money and I really don't need to spend more than $300 or less. Please don't steer me wrong as it wouldn't be hard but have a heart please an advise me. She said she doesn't have to have the latest and newest. Thanks!

I think Apple is selling the 1st generation iPad mini for $299. It would be brand new and have 16GB storage and you'd have a 1-year warranty. Better than buying used.

OP
C

cooter9

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that she said she liked the Ipad mini. Is there only one version of those?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I forgot to mention that she said she liked the Ipad mini. Is there only one version of those?

There are two version of the Mini available now, the "regular" Mini ($299/16GB) and the Mini with Retina display ($399/16GB). For that $100 more, you will get the newest Mini with a very noticeably clearer screen.

But, many people (my sister, for one) are very happy with the original Mini. You'll just have to decide whether you wish to spend the "extra" hundred bucks.

Good luck.

Marilyn

Most reactions