What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MPEG 4 problems ;-(

Morgan767

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can somebody please help me with this frustrating problem before I go crazy...

I have converted some films from AVI to MP4 using Wondershare. I did exactly as I was told: I selected "convert to ipad 3 - MPEG 4 video". When it was done, I dragged it over to iTunes. I went to sync my ipad but when I clicked on the movies icon, only 2 of the 5 films were there. So I tried a different conversion software - "Bigasoft". I did exactly the same thing. Selected the "iPad 3 MPEG 4" from the dropdown menu. When they were finished, I dragged them over to itunes and again, when I went to sync, they did not appear in my ipad.

Can somebody please tell me what I'm doing wrong. All five films were originally in AVI format. 2 of them are now in my ipad but the other 3 are not. The reason I want them on the ipad is because of a long flight coming up and they do not have in-flight entertainment on the plane. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Kim

PS... Also, I've noticed there is a small blue dot next to the films on itunes. This dot is a full dot or half a dot!! Sorry, but I don't know what that is.

Bosvaark

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest , the best method I found is to buy an app that plays all movies, it then avoids this type of issue, I use Avplayer, it plays .avi. Mkv. Mp4 ....etc, you just drag and drop them on the app in iTunes no conversions required.

wordslashr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try this: They might be in iTunes. If the files actually converted and you have a lot of these files, check the bottom of the other folders such as Music. If the File/Album name is not specified to dumps them all in one "Unnamed" list. If you find them, right click on the file (in a PC) and in the open dialog box select Get Info, go to the Options tab and set Movie or Video to move it in the right folder. Sometime ITunes resists this move or moves it into a different media folder, don't ask me why, so you might have to trick it by adding more info in the Info and Video tabs.

A full/half dot is unplayed vs partially watched video/movie...

Most reactions

Latest posts