What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mp4 Files Dont Have Sound

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have over 200 full length movies and I have put them onto my iPod touch. They have played perfectly.

When I put them on my iPad from iTunes, they sync fine. ( No error messages saying the file is incompatible. ) Then when I start watching them in the videos app the picture is stunning, but there is absolutely no sound.

Any help you could give?

If it worked on iPod shouldnt it work on iPad, particularly since it one of the more commonly used file types?

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have over 200 full length movies and I have put them onto my iPod touch. They have played perfectly.

When I put them on my iPad from iTunes, they sync fine. ( No error messages saying the file is incompatible. ) Then when I start watching them in the videos app the picture is stunning, but there is absolutely no sound.

Any help you could give?

If it worked on iPod shouldnt it work on iPad, particularly since it one of the more commonly used file types?

Do you have any other movies that have been downloaded from iTunes? Do they play with sound? (There are plenty of free movies available at the iTunes store under iTunesU, so you could try this out to see if it's a generic problem or one specific to the movies you've converted).

Tim

OP
xhuntercx

xhuntercx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
thanks for answering but I think i may have found a solution, now im just converting all my videos to another kind of mp4

Most reactions

Latest posts