1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

MP3 transfer

Discussion in 'iPad FAQ' started by underpargolfer, Apr 12, 2012.

1. underpargolfer

underpargolfer iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do I move my mp3's from my iPhone to iPad?
  2. rockman

rockman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can install programs in your mac or pc like Copy trans or you can manually copy file from your iPad to your PC.

To transfer music from an iDevice to a Windows computer.

Step 1: Connect your iPad to launch iTunes or open itunes manually. In the iPad management screen, scroll down to Options and check "Enable disk use." iTunes will give you a warning--select OK.

Note: If you get an error message asking you to reformat upon connecting, your iPad was originally formatted for Mac and cannot be used in Windows. One workaround is to install a program like MacDrive, which will allow your Windows machine to read Mac-formatted drives. Clicking "reformat" will erase your iPod.

Step 2: Now open My Computer and open your iPad drive.

Step 3: Open Tools > Folder Options. Click the View tab and check "Show hidden files and folders."

Step 4: Now in your iPad folder, open iPad_Controls > Music. Highlight all of the folders and drag them into the desired folder on your hard drive. This might take a while, depending on how much music you're transferring.

Step 5: Highlight all of the folders again, right-click, and select Properties. Uncheck "Hidden." Close this window.
    Once the files are copied, you've successfully transferred the music. However, you'll notice that the songs have four-letter names and are scattered among many folders. It's OK. Once you import the music into iTunes (or any other media player), the program will reinstate the titles of the songs.

Hope this helps.

Enjoy
  3. rockman

rockman iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Then copy the files you transferred to your iPad or iPhone