What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

cruiser111

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is the iPad 2 forum. Often related threads are moved to another forum. For example, a recent thread talking about problems with iOS 7 on the iPad 2 disappeared from here and was moved to another forum dicussing iOS 7 on all devices. The thread in question was related to the iPad2! Why move it to a universal iOS 7 thread?

In my opinion, this happens to too many threads in this forum. For that reason, find myself visiting here less often.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is something you would have to take up with the administrators. Moderators move threads around if they believe it necessary or desirable, and leave a redirect in place of the original thread. This usually expires after a preset interval of time, to allow people time to see where the thread was moved to.

If you believe a thread has been moved which would have been better left in it's original place, a PM to Leelai, Col.bris or mwhartman would be in order.

Since we normally do not discuss forum business in the public threads, I'm going to close this thread, and suggest that you contact one of the administrators I mentioned, who will deal with it. Moderators are not infallible, and work with the best interests of the membership at heart, so if we are making mistakes we want to hear about them.

Thanks for bringing this up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions