What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving purchased apps to another Apple ID

Jadeywadey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm not sure what I'm going to ask is possible, but it's something that is really annoying me.

When I first got my iPad I set up an Apple ID, however after a a while I lost access to that email so I created a new Apple ID an went on using that. I didn't think at the time I'd need to continue using it for the old apps. So now I have to regularly log in the old one and check for updates, there's a few ones I paid for the old one, otherwise it wouldn't be a problem as I could redownload them on the new ID.

Anyway it's not the end of the world but I find it very irritating. Is there a way to transfer apps (the paid ones) from one ID to another?

Thanks

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Unfortunately you cannot merge two userids into one. I had this problem too. I called Apple support and they told me to reset my password so that both userids have the same password. When you get notification that an app is to be upgraded, you will get a prompt to enter your password. The prompt will indicate which userid you bought the app under. I have not had to logon to either id's to see which apps are updated. But you do have to log off and logon in iTunes to see the apps you purchased under that specific userid.

Most reactions

Latest posts