What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving pictures from my computer to my IPad

ronbin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Only had the Ipad three days. Am trying to move pictures from a computer desktop folder to my IPad but can only find how to move them via a card reader.

Help please??

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You can use Dropbox.........drag what ever pictures you want into the Dropbox folder and you have "immediate" access to them on your iPad.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Only had the Ipad three days. Am trying to move pictures from a computer desktop folder to my IPad but can only find how to move them via a card reader.

Help please??

Hi, ronbin! Welcome to iPF!
Dropbox would be one possibility, but there are others, too. Another app is Evernote. Store the pictures there on your pc, and you can access them on iPad as well. If you have an Outlook account, you have the possibility to save them in SkyDrive. The app for the iPad is free. If you use Gmail, there's Google Drive. It depends on what you prefer. Inform yourself and make your own choice. :)

Last edited:

Mitchell.

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For the most part I use the sync feature of itunes: it allows you to select or create a folder that you can put images into which will automatically be sent to the ipad every time you sync.

You can also use photo stream; it works basically the same as the sync folder except it updates in real-time, it creates a seperate album on your ipad which syncs with a folder on your computer. On PC it will show up in My Computer as Photo Stream (with the ios photo icon). I have had issues with it updating before though.

There is of course drop box as has been mentioned by a couple people here.

If you need to make sure your photos don't get compressed for whatever reason, emailing yourself them and saving them through the mail app is a proven method. Drop box may now support native photo export/import, but I don't know for sure. For the most part compression won't be an issue though.

Hope this helps, I will update my post if I think of anything else.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good advice! And yes, Dropbox supports photo export/import. I use it myself. :)

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have installed dropbox on my windows7 PC, but should I also download it on my iPad4, as it's difficult to see the photos without, having to go via Safari
Malcolm
There's a free app in App Store. It will be a lot easier to access the files that way.

Most reactions

Latest posts