What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving pictures from iPad to MBP?

jeslynmo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you do this?
I read somewhere to go to iTunes and go to "photos" under iPad.
In iTunes, I have an iPad "button" on the left, but it does not have "photos" under it.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Jessica

ivada

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Easiest way: connect iPad to MBP, open preview, select File -> Import, and the rest is self-explanatory.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Also look up for your selections, not left

Touch the iPad tab on the left and when it appears in iTunes look to the top where you see tabs for your music, ibooks, apps, photos, etc. Select the photos tab.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You have a MBP, you should also have iPhoto. You can import pictures to iPhoto when the iPad is plugged in. There is also a program called Image Capture in your Applications folder that can be used to copy files to a folder.

These only work with the Camera Roll, Import, or Saved Picture albums. Since all other albums are supposed to be synced either with a folder or iPhoto there is no built in way to copy them back to the comoputer. Howerver the App PhotoSync can do this. It works best if you get the computer compantion app to work with it. It can be used with any album and over Wi-Fi or bluetooth as well as via the USB port.

Hold in mind that pictures synced from a comptuter through iTunes have been optimized for the iPad. They may not be the same quality as the originals.

JDeaux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!! I have spent countless hours trying to figure out how to do this and your response worked perfectly! I don't know why this isn't made more obvious either within Apple or in any other forums...I know it's not there because I have looked everywhere. Thank you again!

Most reactions

Latest posts