What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving pics from camera to iPad 1 via USB

Motorbones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried a search with out much success so here is my question. How do I move pics from a digital camera to my iPad 1 using USB via an adapter that plugs into the iPad? We're getting ready to go on vacation and I'd like to be able to directly transfer pics from the camera. What app do I need to do this? Thanks...

Reaction score
Motorbones said:
I tried a search with out much success so here is my question. How do I move pics from a digital camera to my iPad 1 using USB via an adapter that plugs into the iPad? We're getting ready to go on vacation and I'd like to be able to directly transfer pics from the camera. What app do I need to do this? Thanks...

All you need is the camera connection kit, or a similar device. There is no special software needed, all you need to do is open the Photos app and select which Photos you want to import, or simply import them all.

So you need a camera, the camera connection kit and an iPad. ;)

wytey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
giffgaff.com
just be careful of the USB device, some draw too much current and not work, it will throw up a warning, I haven't damaged my iPad yet with one that draws too much current

icouldsave.co.uk - help save money and the planet!

OP
Motorbones

Motorbones

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It worked perfectly with my camera, but when I hooked up my Droid, I got the power message so I un-plugged it. Thanks...

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
All you need is the camera connection kit, or a similar device. There is no special software needed, all you need to do is open the Photos app and select which Photos you want to import, or simply import them all.

So you need a camera, the camera connection kit and an iPad. ;)

Just getting into this aspect myself w/ the iPad2 - bought the camera connection kit and have transferred photos from the SD card of my digital camera (which I've always preferred previously w/ my other laptops) - get the kit and give it a try - good luck! :)

Most reactions