Moving photos

Discussion in 'iPad Help' started by jwwphoto, May 2, 2011.

1. jwwphoto

jwwphoto iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    How do I move photos from Camera Roll to another album on the iPad itself.....?

I know how o organize on the PC in the sync folder....

Jeff W Waldrop

2. Avionyx

Avionyx iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that, like on the iPhone, photos can only be organised into folders on your PC in something like iPhoto.

Incredibly annoying!

I hope I'm wrong and I can learn something from this thread, but I fear not.

3. Kidson

Kidson iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Try clicking and holding onto the phto - a pop up window should appear asking if you want to save - click save and it then takes your photo into your photos album.

4. Pocobear

Pocobear iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9 / 0
    Be sure you have moved all pictures from your iPad into iTunes first, by syncing them to iTunes. Then, you should remove the pictures currently in the Camera Roll (Photos), so you won't be duplicating everything. You can do this by connecting the iPad to your computer and then going into iTunes, and under "Devices" on the left hand side of the screen, click on your iPad name. A window will open up with tabs on the top. Select "Photos", under "Photos", un-check "Sync Photos from..." , and sync, this will delete all of the photos on the iPad

You need to setup a folder, on your PC under "My Pictures", such as "iPad Pictures" and make all of the folders you want, with the pictures you want in them (copy, move or drag and drop, your choice), under that folder. Then go into iTunes, under PHOTOS and select "Sync Photos from" and change "My Pictures" to "Choose Folder" and then choose the folder you created "iPad Pictures" open it and select the folders you want to sync to the iPad. Then sync them.

If your jailbroken, download PhotoAlbum+ from Cydia, and then you can make folders and move photos where you want them.