What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving photos without deleting

laf702805

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to move photos from stream or roll and put into albums so anyone who picks up my ipad can't really get into see them. They are pictures of my mom before she passed away. I don't wont to lose the pictures but just want them tucked away. Any suggestions?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I would like to move photos from stream or roll and put into albums so anyone who picks up my ipad can't really get into see them. They are pictures of my mom before she passed away. I don't wont to lose the pictures but just want them tucked away. Any suggestions?

You can't remove them from camera roll. As soon as you delete them there, they also will be deleted from any album you created.
There's the possibility to "hide" your pictures.

Choose one of the pictures, tap "Edit", then "Crop". Drag the corners of the cropping box inside such that a very small portion of the image is visible inside that box.
Save this image.

If you want to see the whole picture, you still are able to "Revert to Original" in your Camera Roll.

Another possibility would be to use an app and store them there.

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I also suggest getting another photo management app - one that allows you to set a password on viewing the pictures. I'm sure there are plenty in the AppStore, it's just a matter of finding them.

Although I find J.A.'s suggestion very cool! I never knew you could crop a photo and then go back later an restore it. But - relying on the crop to work for you (and not accidentally deleting the photos) may not be good. Thus, the suggestion for getting another app...

Marilyn

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I also suggest getting another photo management app - one that allows you to set a password on viewing the pictures. I'm sure there are plenty in the AppStore, it's just a matter of finding them........

Well, I'd have to agree w/ J.A. & Marilyn, i.e. if you want to completely 'hide' your photos from prying eyes then a password protected photo app may be your best choice - now, I've only used one (and likely others are available) - it's Photo Manager Pro - images can be imported into the app and then deleted from the native photo program of the iPad - password protection is available - also, a number of backup options can be chosen - read the description & reviews - may meet your needs - good luck! Dave :)

alicepattinson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
weeeeee. I', so looking for this kind of app. thank you so much @giradman.

Most reactions

Latest posts