What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving items to the trash

GolfGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I can not send messages to trash. I have set advanced settings. But still getting th error that I can not move my messages. Any help pls.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In Mail?

We'll need more information to help. What type of account do you have? What settings were you changing? And what exactly where you trying to make happen?

OP
G

GolfGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
GolfGirl said:
I can not send messages to trash. I have set advanced settings. But still getting th error that I can not move my messages. Any help pls.

I have an IMap account. I set all the setting in the advanced section of the mail prefs on the iPad. Just like my iPhone. But cannot move any items to the trash I am receiving an error.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The only suggestion I have is to try removing the account and add it again. Won't hurt to reboot the iPad too. That has fixed the strangest things.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have been following this but felt unable to make any contribution - waiting to see how things worked out. Do you get this error when you have a message being displayed and you hit the 'trash can' icon? I only mention this because you refer to 'moving' messages to the trash in the way that you might move a message from the InBox to another folder by using 'Edit', selecting the message and then 'Move' and then touching the folder that you want to move the message to...

Also, I probably missed this too, is this a new problem? Or has it always been this way on your iPad. I note you don't have the same problem with your iPhone so, as you suggest, it's unlikely you've got the settings incorrect.

These 'difficult' problems are always the most interesting, so let's keep this going until it's solved.

Tim
Scotland

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I'd love too, but I'm completely out of ideas. If I had an account with the same server I'd play around with it. Playing with an IMAP accounts is fairly safe so I'd wouldn't risk losing anything. But the only two accounts I have that can be set this way, already are, and they work. That would be Yahoo and MobileMe.

OP
G

GolfGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorry did not post. I figured it out. Apparently the trash default is the iPad trash. I had to select the mailbox trash and that resolved it.

Most reactions

Latest posts