What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving icons

dave c

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How can I move an icon from one screen to another? Either iPhone or iPad.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi Dave - welcome to the forum! :) For my iPad 2, same as before, i.e. press the icon of choice until all 'jiggle', then slide that icon to the edge of the home screen which should take you to the adjacent screen; then release and the icon should be on the other screen - as in the past, sometimes tricky to get the icon in the right place and to stop multiple screens flashing by - just takes a little practice - good luck! Dave

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could also use the dock to aid in moving from page to page. Rather than "fiddling" with getting the icon just right against the side of the page, place it on the dock (after you've put it into wiggle mode).

With the icon (or icons ... up to six) on the dock and still wiggling, you can swipe to the page you want and then move the icons off the dock.

To me, it's a much easier (and faster) process.

Marilyn

abababababab

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You could also use the dock to aid in moving from page to page. Rather than "fiddling" with getting the icon just right against the side of the page, place it on the dock (after you've put it into wiggle mode).

With the icon (or icons ... up to six) on the dock and still wiggling, you can swipe to the page you want and then move the icons off the dock.

Marilyn
I do it like this too.

Erik120

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Marilyn
Great tip--thanks.

Most reactions