What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving from Australia to UK

FPH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I purchased my iPad in Australia and will be moving to live in the UK. Obviously I will need to purchase a new SIM for a UK provider are there any other steps I need to take or pitfalls I should be aware of before I get on the plane as I would dread to be without my iPad for any length of time. Thanks.

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No pitfalls as your iPad will work very well in UK.

The only change you will need to make is to the plug (Uk uses 3 pin plug) but you will find plenty of these adaptors very cheap and easy to buy - even buy in airport.

Sims are easy to buy (1 to 2 GBP each for pay and go) or even get free. Just get one and then spend a bit of time researching for the best sim to use in your area and then change to that.

(I suggest you ensure you use your iPad charger and not an iphone charger).

P.S. advance welcome to the UK :thumbs:

OP
F

FPH

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ziffos said:
No pitfalls as your iPad will work very well in UK.

The only change you will need to make is to the plug (Uk uses 3 pin plug) but you will find plenty of these adaptors very cheap and easy to buy - even buy in airport.

Sims are easy to buy (1 to 2 GBP each for pay and go) or even get free. Just get one and then spend a bit of time researching for the best sim to use in your area and then change to that.

(I suggest you ensure you use your iPad charger and not an iphone charger).

P.S. advance welcome to the UK :thumbs:

Thanks for the quick response......sounds like it should be plain sailing.

Most reactions

Latest posts