What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moving file or pic to desk top?

rcg824

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do yo move a file, pic, or wmv to desktop. I want to easily access these sometimes for customer presentations?

oberkc

iPF Novice
Reaction score
If you are talking about adding a file to your iPad "desktop", I don't think this can be done. This space is reserved for apps (and folders of apps) only.

DICKNPHYL

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Rcg824----toadd a file or pic to your desktop, go tto the top lh of your screen- there is a box w/an arrow in it. Click or touch on it and in the drop down menu choose "add to home screen" follow the prompts and it will put it on your desktop.
DICKSTER-----

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
R

rcg824

iPF Noob
Reaction score
nope. Sorry. Didn't work! the prompt wasn't there especially when the pic came in via drop box. But thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello RCG824 - welcome to the forum! :)

I'd have to agree about not being able to place individual files/images/etc. on the home page w/ a separate icon (or a bunch in a folder) - however, have you thought about an app that might organize a variety of different files? The one that comes to mind is GoodReader (Check HERE) - only $5 at the Apple app store - now there may be other solutions but that would be my suggestion - good luck and I'm sure others will 'chime in' w/ other suggestions!

Most reactions

Latest posts