1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

Moving file between reader

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by sbhattarai, Aug 12, 2013.

1. sbhattarai

sbhattarai iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have three reader in my iPad I.e. iBooks, Bluefire and Reader. However got all the file in iBooks, I wish to move some to the others. Any suggestion ?
  2. Mickey330

Mickey330 Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,691 / 0
    Unfortunately, no, there is no way to read iBooks in another app (unless they are DRM free). Usually, books are sold with Digital Rights Management (DRM) coding on them. This makes it so they can only be read by the reader that is made by the company that sells the e-book - in this case, Apple.

Your other readers will not be able to decode that DRM on the iBook and thus will not be able to open it.

If the e-book did not have the DRM coding, then it would only be an issue of the file type. However, it is very rarely you see ebooks being sold without that DRM. Sorry.

Marilyn