What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving file between reader

sbhattarai

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have three reader in my iPad I.e. iBooks, Bluefire and Reader. However got all the file in iBooks, I wish to move some to the others. Any suggestion ?

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I have three reader in my iPad I.e. iBooks, Bluefire and Reader. However got all the file in iBooks, I wish to move some to the others. Any suggestion ?

Unfortunately, no, there is no way to read iBooks in another app (unless they are DRM free). Usually, books are sold with Digital Rights Management (DRM) coding on them. This makes it so they can only be read by the reader that is made by the company that sells the e-book - in this case, Apple.

Your other readers will not be able to decode that DRM on the iBook and thus will not be able to open it.

If the e-book did not have the DRM coding, then it would only be an issue of the file type. However, it is very rarely you see ebooks being sold without that DRM. Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions