What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

moving contacts from hotmail

CHESTER1090

iPF Noob
Reaction score
don't know if this has been asked here; never got a response in other forums. Is there a way to move my email contacts from my hotmail list on my pc to my ipad deuce?

And where is the "back" arrow on the ipad, i.e., how do you move back to the original screen after you went to a sub-screen? Gets pretty tedious when you have to go all the way out and start over looking to where you were originally.

Thanks

Steve

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It is possible to sync your hotmail contacts with the iPad, which should be a superior solution to just copying them. Of course if you dont' want to sync, just turn off the syncing after you do the first sync.

I've never personally used this method, don't have a hotmail account, but I'm told it works.

How To Setup Hotmail Using Exchange ActiveSync On Your iPhone, iPad And iPod Touch For Push Email, Calendar & Contacts – iPhone Hacks

How the back button works, or whether there is on depends on the app. Usually it is in the top left corner, a button with some text in it (usually the name of the previous level or screen). The left edge of the button will be pointy. Sometimes there is no option.

If you don't see the button try tapping in middle of the screen. Menus and options that get out of the way for full screen viewing can usually be made visible again this way.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, welcome to iPF!

In Settings - Mails, Contacts, Calendars - the account, do you have "contacts" enabled?

image-2608078264.jpg

Most reactions

Latest posts