What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving books into collections?

Owl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have searched everywhere and for the life of me, I can't figure out how to move my books into the collections I've created. I'm sure it is very easy but would someone be so kind as to tell me how to do it? Thanks...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you've made your collections already...

Then, be at the bookshelf that's showing the book(s) you want to put into a collection. On the upper right side of the bookshelf, you should see an "Edit" button. Press that.

Next, tap any/all the books you want to move into a certain collection; a blue check mark should appear on each book. In the upper left of the book shelf should be a "Move" button. Press that and a drop-down should appear that lists your collection titles. Press the appropriate title where you want the books to go and they should move right in. You can repeat this however you wish, plus move books around various collections.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Last edited:
OP
Owl

Owl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much, Marilyn. I will give it a try and get back to this thread.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Great tip! Another thing I wondered briefly about but didn't get around to looking up or asking about!

OP
Owl

Owl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Oh wow! I can't thank you enough, Marilyn. Your instructions worked like a charm. :)

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh wow! I can't thank you enough, Marilyn. Your instructions worked like a charm. :)

Whew! :D

I run through them on my iPad as I type ... but you never know how I might scramble up the instructions - or how they get interpreted.

Glad to be of assistance. And, glad it worked for you.

Marilyn

55julie55

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
I'm going to assume you've made your collections already...

Then, be at the bookshelf that's showing the book(s) you want to put into a collection. On the upper right side of the bookshelf, you should see an "Edit" button. Press that.

Next, tap any/all the books you want to move into a certain collection; a blue check mark should appear on each book. In the upper left of the book shelf should be a "Move" button. Press that and a drop-down should appear that lists your collection titles. Press the appropriate title where you want the books to go and they should move right in. You can repeat this however you wish, plus move books around various collections.

Hope this helps. Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

Can you advise if there is a way to do the same with my kindle account?
Cheers
Julie

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, as far as I understand, the Kindle app is not as sophisticated as the iBooks app (or the real Kindle, for that matter). So, from what I read, there is no way to organize books within the Kindle app.

I don't really use the Ki e app, so I could be mistaken ... but that's what I remember reading.

Sorry.

Marilyn

Most reactions

Latest posts