What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving Apps

Internomad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've done a search but cannot find the answer. How do I move an app from the last page of apps, to the first page?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Tap the app until it shakes (as if to delete it), drag the app left to the side of the screen. If you get left enough, the page will change to the former page. That can be done as long/often as you like.
Hope, this will help you. :)

OP
I

Internomad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Tap the app until it shakes (as if to delete it), drag the app left to the side of the screen. If you get left enough, the page will change to the former page. That can be done as long/often as you like.
Hope, this will help you. :)

That's really odd because it didn't work for me. What did work though, was Tapping the app till it shook, dragging it to the bottom of the page, releasing it then swiping the pages until I was at the page I wanted the app on.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Internomad said:
That's really odd because it didn't work for me. What did work though, was Tapping the app till it shook, dragging it to the bottom of the page, releasing it then swiping the pages until I was at the page I wanted the app on.

That works too. You are putting the app on the 'dock' then moving to a page. If your 'dock' was full you would have to use the other method. ;)

Elizellen

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The "drag it to the next screen" doesn't seem to work for me either (elderly fingers maybe ;) ?) so I always leave a free space in my "dock" bar for moments like these.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Elizellen said:
The "drag it to the next screen" doesn't seem to work for me either (elderly fingers maybe ;) ?) so I always leave a free space in my "dock" bar for moments like these.

Yes it is a bit tricky. If I want to move the icon to the right I am always carefully to put my finger as far left as I can on the icon. That way I have enough of the icon 'showing' to poke it far enough off the page to trigger the move, and the opposite for a move to the left.

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Here is another trick: you have three apps on page 2 and you want all three apps on page 1 (or vice versa), put all three apps into one folder by pressing one app until it wiggles, carefully push it onto a second app. This will create a folder. Then take the third app and put it in the newly created folder. This is being done while the apps are still wiggling. Then press the folder and move it to the edge of the screen until the target page appears, then at destination, release folder. Turn off wiggling by pressing home button.

image-1417394754.jpg

Three apps on Page 2

image-3423212525.jpg

Two apps in folder

image-3393700314.jpg

Third app added into folder.

image-3178534061.jpg

Folder ready to be moved. Press and hold app to the edge of the screen.

image-936679114.jpg

Folder at the destination. If you want to remove the apps from this folder just drag them out of the folder and the folder will vanish.

Most reactions

Latest posts