What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving apps from two different Apple IDs to a new iPad

TheFinnster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For reasons that are too complicated to go into here, I have a new iPad.
I have been purchasing apps from two different Apple IDs (no stoning please).
Getting the new iPad up and running, only permits pullings apps in from only one of the Apple IDs (at least as far as I know).
All of the apps are listed on my Mac, but I can only pull in ones from a single ID.
How can I get the other apps onto the new iPad?

Thanks

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For reasons that are too complicated to go into here, I have a new iPad.
I have been purchasing apps from two different Apple IDs (no stoning please).
Getting the new iPad up and running, only permits pullings apps in from only one of the Apple IDs (at least as far as I know).
All of the apps are listed on my Mac, but I can only pull in ones from a single ID.
How can I get the other apps onto the new iPad?

Thanks

First sign with your First Apple Id download all the APP's then sign in with your second Apple Id and download all the other App's. Should be fairly easy. There is no restriction AFAIK and it works without any problems.

OP
TheFinnster

TheFinnster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks Augustya.....
One other question: how do I download them onto the iPad? (still a rookie here)
Thanks...

Sent from my iPad using iPF

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks Augustya.....
Thanks...

It is a long process difficult to explain you here, why dont you call up Apple Tech Support I am sure they will help you set up your iTunes and also explain how to start downloading the APPS.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Augustya.....
Thanks...

Not difficult at all...

The easiest way to transfer a lot of apps to the iPad is to connect it to iTunes (the iTunes you normally sync it to). Then, with the iPad connected, go to the Apps tab (right side) and scroll through the apps you've got in iTunes and check the ones you want to put on the iPad. Then, at the bottom right, there should be a button that says Sync (or maybe Apply). Press it and iTunes will put those checked apps on your iPad.

Now - for this next part, I think all you have to do is Eject the iPad, sign out of the one Apple ID on iTunes and then sign in with the other. Then, you should be able to go through the same process as in the first paragraph.

I say "think" because I believe that it will work with no issues (as you are using the same iTunes). So, give it a try and see if this works for you.

Good luck and do let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

augustya

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yes what I meant was it could have taken this much of explanation.

Most reactions

Latest posts