What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving apps from one page to another

jonkay182

iPF Noob
Reaction score
As the title indicates, how do you do that? I know that placing your finger on an app for a few seconds makes them all wiggle and ready to be manipulated or deleted. When I try to drag the app to another page, I can only stay on the selected page, I can't go to another one. What's the secret?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Keep your finger on a wiggly app and drag. Sometimes it's uncooperative about moving pages. In that case, drag to the edge of the page, hold it there a second, and it will pop over to the next. You also can tuck apps into your apps bar (then drag from there to once you've flipped to the desired page), if you want to avoid dragging them several pages.

Or you could do a bunch of dragging on iTunes on your computer with your iPad hooked up via USB cord. If you're moving a bunch, this is easiest. You can even reorder whole pages of apps (say if you want Page 1 to become Page 3).

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You drag the jiggling app right to the edge of the screen and hold it there for a couple of seconds. Then the screen will suddenly switch to the next one with the app still 'under your finger'. Of course, there needs to be enough room on the next screen.

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts