What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Moving app data from one iPad to another

Hank14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My daughter is crazy for Tiny Zoo and Tap Zoo. She has large zoos in both apps, but they are on my wife's iPad. I purchased another iPad2 for the kids to share. Downloading the apps onto the new iPad has not been a problem, but how do I transfer the zoo data so that my daughter doesn't have to start over and my wife no longer has to share her iPad?

I have checked a number of forums and one suggested DiskAid. I used DiskAid to successfully do a test transfer of Tap Zoo data from my iPad to the "Family" iPad. However, since then I have been unable to replicate this transfer.

I welcome any other suggestions so that my wife and kids will leave me alone! :)

OP
H

Hank14

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick amendment:
I have been able to move "Tap Zoo" data again using DiskAid, but have not been able to move "Tiny Zoo" data at all.

Thanks,

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In preferences, under advanced there is an option to display all apps even if they dont have their file sharing enabled, make sure to tick this. also there's an option to show hidden folders, tick that and you should be able to back up the data.

Also you may want to try to tick show root path for apps (although you may not be able to use this)

Edit: added more info

Last edited:

ddeebbss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a faulty battery and they will replace with a new iPad however I have 5 apps like tiny zoo, tiny bakery etc etc which I have been building for months and spent money. It seems everywhere I am reading that I will loosen all may data?..

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ddeebbss said:
I have a faulty battery and they will replace with a new iPad however I have 5 apps like tiny zoo, tiny bakery etc etc which I have been building for months and spent money. It seems everywhere I am reading that I will loosen all may data?..

If you get iPhone explorer you should be able to plug in your iPad and copy all 'documents' folders that way you can save your games. If you can't power up the iPad then your out of luck.

ddeebbss

iPF Noob
Reaction score
techkid22 said:
Just back up and restore. Works wonders. I got a 16GB iPad 2, used all the 16GBs in a week. So I returned it and bought a 64GB so I switched everything out once as well.

Thanks so much

Most reactions