What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies

CyberPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys,

i'm a noob! can u tell me how PC to iPad transfer? i means i wanna copy movies to my ipad 2?

Thanks
Regards
CP

The Alternative

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
thealternativeone.blogspot.com
Find the movie file on your PC and move (or copy) to the iTunes media folder named Movies (in Windows 7 the path is Music/iTunes/iTunes Media/Movies). Then drag the movie you want to move to the iTunes Library in iTunes. Plug in your device and click on the device name in the left hand sidebar. Click on the movies tab at the top of the screen. Check mark the movie you want transfered and synch your device. The movie will then transfer to your iPad.

Note: Only a few video formats are compatible with the iPad:

iPad/iPad 2 Supported Video Format

• H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats;
  • Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.

Last edited:
OP
C

CyberPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it! thanks for your help!! :D

the one thing, but i wanna avi.file :( any idea apps?

Thanks
Regards
CP

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got it! thanks for your help!! :D

the one thing, but i wanna avi.file :( any idea apps?

Thanks
Regards
CP
The iPad supports some types of video cameras that record .avi files using the camera card reader accessory. However AFAIK the iPad doesn't support downloaded AVI movies. If you want to play .avi movies downloaded from the internet natively on your iPad you need to convert your .avi files to an iPad compatible format.

The free program Handbrake is probably the most recommended video converter:

HandBrake

iSkySoft has a program for Mac as well:

Mac iPad Video Converter - Video to iPad Converter for Mac

There are other Windows programs that will do similar work...just Google it.

I believe Movie Player and a couple of other iPad apps will also play .avi and other types of video files.

Last edited:
OP
C

CyberPrince

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wow it's useful, thank you for information...and help......
Im tired 4 time!...Thanks for that download link again :)..

Sent from my iPad using iPF

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Digital copies

Not sure if this is the place for this question but, here goes.......... I went to the store looking for Shrek Forever After (the last in the series) on digital copy and for whatever reason, there aren't any. Not just at WalMart or Target, or BestBuy....there aren't ANY, ANYPLACE. So, I figured I'd just purchase it from itunes. Well, I get home, access itunes through my pc and the message that popped up was this; this item is not available for download in the U.S. I thought this was the WEIRDEST thing I've seen (today). Does anyone have an explanation as to why a particular movie, (especially one as popular as Shrek) is not available via itunes here in the States?

Thanks,

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the place for this question but, here goes.......... I went to the store looking for Shrek Forever After (the last in the series) on digital copy and for whatever reason, there aren't any. Not just at WalMart or Target, or BestBuy....there aren't ANY, ANYPLACE. So, I figured I'd just purchase it from itunes. Well, I get home, access itunes through my pc and the message that popped up was this; this item is not available for download in the U.S. I thought this was the WEIRDEST thing I've seen (today). Does anyone have an explanation as to why a particular movie, (especially one as popular as Shrek) is not available via itunes here in the States?

Thanks,
U.S. movie distribution usually follows this order:

1. Limited public release U.S.
2. Wide public release U.S.
3. International release (country-by-country or world-wide)
4. PPV and/or VOD U.S. (three months to six months post U.S. release)
5. DVD/BR (six months to one year post public release but after PPV/VOD)
6. Digital release (one to three months post DVD/BR release)

Of course the owners of the product and/or the studios can decide on whatever timing and methods of distribution they want so some or all of the above can go out the window for any particular movie. Bottom line, it's all about the money.

According to the IMDb Calendar the DVD/BR of "Shrek Forever After" hasn't been scheduled for release anywhere yet. The final release of that movie was in Japan, December 2010. I'd think we'd see something here pretty soon, but guess some patience is in order. My WAG would be that it'll be available for the holidays.

blessed

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Thanks,
U.S. movie distribution usually follows this order:

1. Limited public release U.S.
2. Wide public release U.S.
3. International release (country-by-country or world-wide)
4. PPV and/or VOD U.S. (three months to six months post U.S. release)
5. DVD/BR (six months to one year post public release but after PPV/VOD)
6. Digital release (one to three months post DVD/BR release)

Of course the owners of the product and/or the studios can decide on whatever timing and methods of distribution they want so some or all of the above can go out the window for any particular movie. Bottom line, it's all about the money.

According to the IMDb Calendar the DVD/BR of "Shrek Forever After" hasn't been scheduled for release anywhere yet. The final release of that movie was in Japan, December 2010. I'd think we'd see something here pretty soon, but guess some patience is in order. My WAG would be that it'll be available for the holidays.
Thank you. Hopefully (according to your chart) maybe number 6 will happen soon. It's available everywhere on BluRay and DVD, but not on digital. It's on cable too, but not digital; I just naturally assumed (eventually I'll learn) that just because it's available on DVD and BluRay, it doesn't mean it's on digital. I even called Netflix! YES, I REALLY want this movie, and it's ONLY available on DVD or BluRay. So, I picked up the phone and dialed their number because I want answers.............I was told they are trying to get the license from the company. I went as far as to visit the Dreamworks website, again, NO DIGITAL version available.
I'm guessing I'll have to practice some patience.

Thanks again,

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use an app called cineXplayer and that supports avi movies you can use a program called DVD fab to rip your DVDs to avi or iPad format I just create my DVDs to avi as all my other stuff support avi files

Sent from my iPod touch using iPF

Goober

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peire said:
I use an app called cineXplayer and that supports avi movies you can use a program called DVD fab to rip your DVDs to avi or iPad format I just create my DVDs to avi as all my other stuff support avi files

How do you get the .avi movies into iTunes? I can't seem to get them there to sync to my iPad to utilize this app.

Thank you.

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What app are you using to play movies

I'm just turning my laptop on now so I can tell you how

Last edited:

peire

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ok it's simple start your iTunes connect your idevice then on iTunes click on your device and then click on apps located at the top/middle of iTunes then scroll down to the bottom of iTunes and you should see your movie player there click on it then click add at bottom right and locate your avi movie click it then click open and then whate for it to sync you will see the progress at the top of iTunes and then start your movie player and it should be there

Goober

iPF Noob
Reaction score
peire said:
Ok it's simple start your iTunes connect your idevice then on iTunes click on your device and then click on apps located at the top/middle of iTunes then scroll down to the bottom of iTunes and you should see your movie player there click on it then click add at bottom right and locate your avi movie click it then click open and then whate for it to sync you will see the progress at the top of iTunes and then start your movie player and it should be there

Thank you very much!! I bought cinexplayer and I will try this tomorrow. Thank you again!!

Most reactions