What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies to see before you die

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seen lists like these in total film, want to know what films other people suggest.

My top 10 are; Fargo, The Big Lebowski, Deer Hunter, Taxi Driver, Goodfellas, Trainspotting, Reservoir Dogs, Platoon, The Terminator & T2 Judgment Day

To infinity and beyond

Attachments

• image-1966388837.png
    image-1966388837.png
    141.9 KB · Views: 307

ken1850

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Harley man said:
Godfather 1 and 2

from USA bucks county pa Sent from my iPad using iPF

Hard to beat '2001' A Space Odyssey, in my book. But maybe it only goes with the time, as it were!
ken.

OP
A

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
ken1850 said:
Hard to beat '2001' A Space Odyssey, in my book. But maybe it only goes with the time, as it were!
ken.

Completely different movies though, all of them are good I'm sure.

To infinity and beyond

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Brief Encounter, the Big White, The Piano, LOTR (all three), Chocolat (just to hear great actors unable to maintain accents throughout the film), Silence Of The Lambs, Moulin Rouge, Great Expectations (David Lean version), Alien......and those mentioned by other posts above......I'll think of some more later.

The Archangel

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Twelve O'clock High, Stalag 17, The Great Escape, The Longest Day, What's Up Doc, Gone With The Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, Stage Coach, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Fiddler On The Roof.

There are many more classics to see. You have not lived until you have seen the Hope/Cosby Road flicks, Going My Way and The Bells of Saint Mary's. I would go more by the great actor's work. Any picture with Cary Grant, Bing Crosby, Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn, Clark Gable, Clint Eastwood, or Fred Astaire should be considered.

OP
A

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Seadog said:
Twelve O'clock High, Stalag 17, The Great Escape, The Longest Day, What's Up Doc, Gone With The Wind, To Kill a Mockingbird, Stage Coach, The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Fiddler On The Roof.

There are many more classics to see. You have not lived until you have seen the Hope/Cosby Road flicks, Going My Way and The Bells of Saint Mary's. I would go more by the great actor's work. Any picture with Cary Grant, Bing Crosby, Gregory Peck, Audrey Hepburn, John Wayne, Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn, Clark Gable, Clint Eastwood, or Fred Astaire should be considered.

Yep, Clint Eastwood fan myself. Love all his films even in Gran Torino he's still a tough guy.

Films nowadays suck. It's only gonna get worse.

To infinity and beyond

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
No contest, you sabsolutely must see The Point. And yes, I said sabsolutely; my spell checker will not work, okay? You must see it because it answers many deep questions. It still holds up today.

As Nillson said, "I was on acid and I looked at the trees and I realized that they all came to points, and the little branches came to points, and the houses came to point. I thought, 'Oh! Everything has a point, and if it doesn't, then there's a point to it."

Read the Internet. Clearly, most postings prove that you do not need a point to have a point. As Oblio -the only round headed kid in town eventually discovered. The Point, a must-see for the ages. Well, the ages circa 1971.

Then you must see a few good 3D movies, Classics from the Golden Age of Hollywood, anything with John Wayne, all Beatles films, several properly preserved technicolor releases, (IB, a tech thing) and if you can find it, see "The 3Com Production Training Department's Operator's Guide To Setting Up, Running, and Cleaning Cell One Routers." I produced that one, it is a classic and rare.

Seriously, the list of 'Must See' movies is a long one. I suggest you also look at every Cute Kitten videos on You Tube.

OP
A

Aa1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The original bad lieutenant with Harvey Kietel is another one.

To infinity and beyond

Most reactions