What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies to DVD

willywonka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to copy a movie I purchased from Itunes store to a DVD?

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iTunes downloaded video and music are protected by DRM. You cannot play them on unauthorized devices unless removing the protection first. Chewtune or vidpie may work, just google it.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Is there any way to copy a movie I purchased from Itunes store to a DVD?

Well, the simple answer is no at least in the USA, i.e. if a movie has DRM enforced then it is illegal to remove that protection while copying to a DVD. For further information, see this Apple Support Article - click on the link to 'iTunes Digital Copy' as a potential option. Dave :)

Nepheler

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Speaking of DRM, I see lots of DRM removal tools online. Do they work with video from US iTunes store?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Whether or not they work is moot, since it's illegal to strip the DRM from iTunes movies and copy them to DVD's. It's also a violation of the terms and conditions you agreed to when you opened your iTunes account.

Most reactions