What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies on mini vs ipad2

Status
Not open for further replies.

phxrider

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone I travel alot and currently own an ipad2. I view alot of movies and media and was wondering how the smaller screen of the min compares to the ipad2 when it comes to viewing media

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Well, only you can answer that question - I have an iPad 2 and the HD movies have looked fine for me (assume that you have seen & liked the same experience) - the only way that you can decide is to watch the same film(s) on the Mini - either a friend's device or a visit to the Apple store w/ a comparison will answer your question - just saying? :) BTW - welcome to the forum!

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I agree. Frankly, I think the screen of any iPad is too small for my wishes, but when I have no other option my mini is just fine. It is much easier to carry around and a good bit larger than my phone screen. But you need to decide with your own eyes. In terms of ppi, the mini has a high resolution screen then the iPad 2, but the iPad 2's screen is obviously larger.

D

dvdcatalyst

Hey everyone I travel alot and currently own an ipad2. I view alot of movies and media and was wondering how the smaller screen of the min compares to the ipad2 when it comes to viewing media

Hi,

Welcome to the forums.

Aside from the physical size, there is no difference in screen resolution between the iPad 2 and the iPad Mini, so the pixel density on the Mini is a bit higher.

With the pixels closer together, the videos you watch on the iPad2 will look a little sharper on the iPad Mini.

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
As the OP has now opened a newer thread comparing the soon to be released iPad 5 with the iPad Mini 2, I will direct you to this thread if you would like to post.

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-mini-forum/113589-ipad-mini-ipad5.html

With that we will now close this thread

......Thank you for your understanding

.................THIS THREAD IS NOW CLOSED..............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions