What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies on Ipad2 quality?

GAMESHARQ

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I know that question wasn't directed at me, but I've been using iSkysoft Video Converter Ultimate. It's on sale until May 31 if you're interested. You can not only rip DVDs with it, but burn them too.

jnewell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Whats the best software for ipad 2 movie coversion?

I have used a bunch, including Handbrake. For my time and money, the best is DVD Catalyst 4, which produces exceptional results with great speed and exceptional ease for all of $9.99. YMoneyMV.

Raiderspen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've converted a lot of DVD 's but when I've converted avi files sometimes there's a lag in the audio. Am I doing something wrong or is it in the conversion software.
Thanks

viningc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have converted a bunch of my DVDs. If you convert them properly, the playback is simply gorgeous.

I have some DVDs that I would like to play on my iPad simply to prove that it's possible. If this is the wrong place to post about it (since we might be hijacking the original topic) would you start a new topic and explain how you were able to "convert" your DVDs to play on the iPad?

leolaksi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad1992 said:
Leo, what software did you use to convert your DVDs?

I use iskysoft and handbrake. Iskysoft works well however the software is not free while handbrake is almost as good and is free.

I use AVplayer HD to view on the iPad. One great thing about AVplayer is that you can directly import from your computer to your iPad via wifi. Can be slow but it works.

Leo

leolaksi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Raiderspen said:
I've converted a lot of DVD 's but when I've converted avi files sometimes there's a lag in the audio. Am I doing something wrong or is it in the conversion software.
Thanks

Must be the conversion. I've never had that problem in 500 gigs worth of movies and tv shows.

Also I concur some of the conversions are breathtaking when viewing.

Leo.

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I played 720p movies on my iPad2 and it looks fantastic. But I only stream them via wifi using the Air Video App / Server. The server is free but Air Video app is paid -- though there is a free version (which I use) with some limitations (but if you have patience the limitation is nothing)... Hehehe. It also supports subtitles and if your computer is a good one, you can crank the quality higher.

RickyBobby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You cannot actually watch movies on the iPad because the CPU and the GPU are not strong enough. For that sort of thing you need a real computer.

AlxiPad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use handbrake to convert movies to my iPad 2 and they look perfect. Filling up my tablet quite nicely with movies :).

Sent using my iPad.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Quality is great. I use Handbrake. I'm lazy about converting, though, because it takes time. I usually just stream Netflix.

Most reactions

Latest posts