What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movies.....Airstash Question

OP
dssxxxx

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
VLC is only available via Cydia, so you will need to jailbreak your device first, to install and use it.

So it might be better to use an alternative video player, which does not require a jb.

Since there is no jb for iPad 2..........what might your suggesstions be for a player.

Was thinking of AVPlayer.

Thanks.

green28

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DontUnderstandMyIpad said:
VLC is only available via Cydia, so you will need to jailbreak your device first, to install and use it.

So it might be better to use an alternative video player, which does not require a jb.

Which is unfortunate, I have VLC on my iPhone and like it but I'm not going to jb my iPad just for that app. I think converting my videos using handbrake is the route I'll be taking unless there is a better option.

Sent from my iPad using iPF. iPad 32GB - iPhone 4 16GB

Reaction score
green28 said:
Which is unfortunate, I have VLC on my iPhone and like it but I'm not going to jb my iPad just for that app. I think converting my videos using handbrake is the route I'll be taking unless there is a better option.

Sent from my iPad using iPF. iPad 32GB - iPhone 4 16GB

OPlayer should be able to play most movies on non-jb devices.

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Before I got my iPad 2 I saw a lifehacker or engadget article that mentioned that VLC for iOS was in the app store and they suggested to grab it before it was taken out. Grabbed it and sure enough it was taken out three days later. Granted I will have to jailbreak if I want updates. Eventually I need I jailbreak anyways for iFiles, sbsettings, and XBMC.

Cinexplayer is the only other player I have used so far. I don't suggest paying for it. Annoying menu music, odd menu layout, cannot erase videos after watching them (update DontunderstandmyiPad just pointed out you can delete by swiping over file).

PS. Does still remembering how to load a program on a C64 or Vic 20 make me old.

Last edited:

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cinexplayer is the only other player I have used so far. I don't suggest paying for it. Annoying menu music, odd menu layout, cannot erase videos after watching them.

PS. Does still remembering how to load a program on a C64 or Vic 20 make me old.

LOL, yea that makes you old (me too)

I don't suggest paying for cinexplayer either (although I did). You can turn off that "annoying menu music" in 2 seconds by unchecking a checkbox in the settings however.

~John

Reaction score
wigsajumper said:
Cinexplayer is the only other player I have used so far. I don't suggest paying for it. Annoying menu music, odd menu layout, cannot erase videos after watching them.

You would be surprised what a swipe on the movie can do. You know the same swipe you use to delete in iBooks, Mail, etc.. By all means try it.

wigsajumper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You would be surprised what a swipe on the movie can do. You know the same swipe you use to delete in iBooks, Mail, etc.. By all means try it.

You sir are a genius. Thanks for the tip.

twangtown

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hyperdrive = more money than I want to spend.

Just want to get the movies to the iPad 2.

Airstash = about $100
Hyperdrive = about $299 - 399

Still looking for some ideas.

Thanks.

I use vuze it's a free download I put my movies in vuze and hit the iPad picture and it puts it in the right format and puts it in iTunes I connect my iPad 2 to my pc open itunes and theres the movies i just converted I sync movies to my ipad , it works perfect. I have over 800 movies on a 2 tb
portable drive.

OP
dssxxxx

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
wigsajumper said:

For us newbies, what does the swipe do? Just curious.

OP
dssxxxx

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Airstash = about $100

Thanks.

I use vuze it's a free download I put my movies in vuze and hit the iPad picture and it puts it in the right format and puts it in iTunes I connect my iPad 2 to my pc open itunes and theres the movies i just converted I sync movies to my ipad , it works perfect. I have over 800 movies on a 2 tb
portable drive.

Vuze is for bit-torrents. A little too much work for my taste but thanks.

And the swiping, deletes.........very cool.

Thanks.

Hacker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Seagate GoFlex? Wireless streaming built in.

Airstash = about $100

Thanks.

OP
dssxxxx

dssxxxx

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Solved:

DVDFab HD (Free)

Rip DVD (reg or BR) and convert to iPad format. Automatically puts in iTunes.

Or download movie file from our current location and drag into DVDFab and it convers and sends to iTunes.

Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts