What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie that ae put into itunes

Nicozuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all, happy new year!!!

I was wondering is there a way to access movies that I have put into iTunes. Meaning I bought a DVD, and then put that movie into iTunes, but I didn't buy it from iTunes, so is there a way I can access that movie from my ipad now that its in iTunes, without having to connect my ipad to m laptop? Is there a way to put those movies into iCloud?

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nicozuna said:
Hello all, happy new year!!!

I was wondering is there a way to access movies that I have put into iTunes. Meaning I bought a DVD, and then put that movie into iTunes, but I didn't buy it from iTunes, so is there a way I can access that movie from my ipad now that its in iTunes, without having to connect my ipad to m laptop? Is there a way to put those movies into iCloud?

You can play any movie stored in iTunes on your computer right from iTunes. You should also be able to sync your iPad and transfer the movies to your iPad.

This thread may help explain.https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4305654?start=0&tstart=0

OP
N

Nicozuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
You can play any movie stored in iTunes on your computer right from iTunes. You should also be able to sync your iPad and transfer the movies to your iPad.

This thread may help explain.https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4305654?start=0&tstart=0

Yeah I know I can do that, by hooking it to my computer, but is there a way to do it from the cloud so in case my laptop isn't available.

OP
N

Nicozuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
scifan57 said:
Take a look at this, it works with iPhone and iPad and should do exactly what you want.http://www.apple.com/ca/iphone/icloud/

Hmmm...ok but is there a way to sync movies from iCloud that I bought from best buy and put into iTunes, meaning that I never bought the movie from iTunes.

Hope that makes sense.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Nicozuna said:
Hmmm...ok but is there a way to sync movies from iCloud that I bought from best buy and put into iTunes, meaning that I never bought the movie from iTunes.

Hope that makes sense.

If the movie is in iTunes, it should work. Have you tried it and found out differently?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
There is no way to store and play non-iTunes Store videos in/from iCloud. To the best of my knowledge.

If you're willing to settle for playing over your home network you can turn on Home Sharing. Once it is properly set up you can go to the Videos app on the iPad, where you will be able to select your computer's iTunes Library and play pretty much anything there.

Requirements:

• Setup
  • Must be on same wi-fi network
  • iTunes computer must on, and iTunes running.

OP
N

Nicozuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
There is no way to store and play non-iTunes Store videos in/from iCloud. To the best of my knowledge.

If you're willing to settle for playing over your home network you can turn on Home Sharing. Once it is properly set up you can go to the Videos app on the iPad, where you will be able to select your computer's iTunes Library and play pretty much anything there.

Requirements:

[*]Setup
[*]Must be on same wi-fi network
[*]iTunes computer must on, and iTunes running.

Cool thanks, I did the home sharing and that's ok, was just hoping there was an app, or something that I could use from when I'm away from home.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Cool thanks, I did the home sharing and that's ok, was just hoping there was an app, or something that I could use from when I'm away from home.

There are a few options involving NAS servers and such, but not directly from the iTunes library. I'm not familiar with the setup (not trivial), but you can search around on the forum for NAS, Movies, and other similar keywords and probably turn up a few interesting threads. Use the Custom Google Search at the top of the website for best results.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
There are a few options involving NAS servers and such, but not directly from the iTunes library. I'm not familiar with the setup (not trivial), but you can search around on the forum for NAS, Movies, and other similar keywords and probably turn up a few interesting threads. Use the Custom Google Search at the top of the website for best results.

This should provide a good idea of what can be done http://www.ipadforums.net/network-attached-storage-nas/74006-personal-cloud-storage.html

The Archangel

Most reactions