What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Movie art with move

jrrodgersjr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have imported movies into my IPad 2 and have in the past had the movie cover art displayed to identify the movie. Now I only have the title of the movie below a box representing the move. The movie will play, but I would like to get the cover art back - any ideas?

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not sure about the cover art but you should get a thumbnail of the first frame or so to distinguish the movie. Doesn't help much if the frame only shows the opening screen which is usually the movie production studio (ie Warners Bros., Universal studios, etc.) Videos are usually different by actually showing you the first frame as the thumbnail.

D

dvdcatalyst

I have imported movies into my IPad 2 and have in the past had the movie cover art displayed to identify the movie. Now I only have the title of the movie below a box representing the move. The movie will play, but I would like to get the cover art back - any ideas?

If the file you imported has these tags set, iTunes will read them, and they should transfer over, but if not, iTunes will not have anything to read from the file, so it doesn't show anything either.

(below an excerpt from my iPad3 Video Guide: Ultimate Apple iPad 3 Video How To Guide | Tools4Movies | DVD Catalyst 4 )

If you want to have your iPad3 display cover images for your movies, you can use iTunes to add them.

First, download the image you want to use from a website like albumart.org or just use IMDB or Google.

A Civil Action (1998) - IMDb

then right-click on the image and select save picture as.

With the cover image downloaded, find your movie in your iTunes Library,

right-click on it and select “Get Infoâ€

Go to the Artwork Tab, and tap on Add:

and select your downloaded cover image.

After that, “OK†out of this, and your cover image will be displayed for your movie instead of a thumbnail.

Artwork is not actually synced over, so if you want to see the artwork for your movie on your iPad3, you will have to delete the movie from it and then move it over again from your iTunes Library.

In the “Get Info†portion of Apple iTunes you can do a bit more. You can group TV episodes, change descriptions etc. If you like organizing your videos, it is a fun place to be.

Most reactions

Latest posts