What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Move PDF from GoodReader to iBooks

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was playing around with downloading a PDF straight from my browser to GoodReader by inserting the g in front of the url. It worked as it should. Now I want to move the PDF into iBooks. I must be having a senior moment, because I cannot find a direct way to do so. I think I can email it to myself and then move it, but that seems to be more of a workaround instead of the proper way. Am I overlooking the obvious?

OP
M

Mattmilw

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My senior moment seems to have passed. I figured it out. Thanks anyway.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
In 'My Documents' tap on the PDF. On the right hand pane, in preview, there's an 'Open With' tab..and you can choose iBooks from there...

Tim

fouad.gehad

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm having a senior moment with the same issue -- only vice versa.

I have hundreds of PDF books/documents synced between my MacBook and iPad (iBooks). I usually read them on iBooks when on iPad.

I recently started using GoodReader for proofing, annotations and so on. I am wondering if there's any way to read/edit books from my iBook PDF collection on GoodReader without having to transfer them again from my MacBook or email. I really don't want to end up consuming 2.5GBs twice plus, I want them synced.

Thanks.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, iBooks doesn't play well with the other apps. By that I mean, you can only e-mail PDFs from iBooks, it does not have an "Open In..." function. So, the only thing you can do is as you have been - e-mail them or transfer them to Goodreader using your computer.

Sorry.

Marilyn

EDIT TO ADD: I deleted the other three posts you made concerning this same issue. Posting multiple threads on the same question fragments the conversation and makes it very difficult to follow. Plus, duplicate posts is against forum policy. Please, keep all updates, questions and follow-ups on this topic to this thread. Thanks.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts