Move icons in folder in IOS7

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by Gtatler, Oct 4, 2013.

1. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Overall the folder system for icons is OK with me EXCEPT I cannot find any way of moving an icon from page 2 of a folder to page 1 of the same folder so that it is more readily accessible. Anyone any information on this ?

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

2. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Found it. You have to make room on page 1 by dragging an icon to the right edge and placing it on page 2. Then the icon to be moved is dragged to the left edge and placed on page 1. The click the home button.

3. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    You also can just drag an icon from page two right into page one; you don't have to make room first. The icons will get bumped back (the last one on page one will become the first one on page two).

It's pretty tricky. I find I have trouble moving icons within folders as they keep wanting to move to the homescreen and not the certain page in the folder. Still, I like that we have [relatively] unlimited apps in a folder, so I can learn new tricks... :)

Marilyn

4. Gtatler

Gtatler
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    I tried without making room as you suggest, but each time the icon I wanted to move ended up on the home page.

By the way, is it still possible to have folders within folders, and if so how ?

5. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Yeah, it's a bit tricky. I've found if you hold the icon so that it's juuuuust outside the folder, the folder page will turn. I, too, end up with icons moving outside the homescreen a lot of the time. It can be done, with practice, tho I admit it may be easier to use your method. :)

Yes, there still is. See this link: http://www.tuaw.com/2013/09/24/how-to-create-nested-folders-on-ios-7/. It seems to be a bit tricky (and I've never tried it) but, as far as I know, the method still works. Good luck!

Marilyn

6. cruiser111

cruiser111
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Discovered that when icons are wiggling, don't need to push home button to stop it. Slide up from bottom of page to bring up the Control Panel and 'boinnng', they stop wiggling. (Kicks a pebble, walks away trying not to be cocky.)

7. Mickey330

Mickey330
    Expand Collapse
    Administrator
    Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Or, slide down the Notification Center just a touch. Same same...

Marilyn

8. cruiser111

cruiser111
    Expand Collapse
    iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Nice.