What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Move appointment to different calendar?

CeliaNewlands

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Can anyone help? I'm trying to move some items from my main calendar into the birthday calendar? Also, it calls my main calendar Googlemail, but i don't recall setting it up like that? And how do you add a new calendar, such as Work? Sorry if I'm being a bit dim, new to iPad......
Any help appreciated
Thanks

rlapoint

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Last edited:

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The built in birthday calendar takes it's data from the Contacts app, and you have to add the birthdays there. If you want a Birthday calendar that you can edit in the Calendar app you'll have to create one from scratch.

If you are using GMail, as your post suggests, you'll need to set your GMail account up as an exchange account, and follow the Multiple Calendars setup. Instructions for both are in the below link.

Setting up Google Sync with your iOS device - Google Mobile Help

You won't be able to create new calendars for GMail on the iPad. You'll have to do it on the Google Calendar site, and then use the syncing instructions in the above link to sync it to the iPad. You can add/edit/delete events as normal once it is set up.

If you are using an iCloud account, or just local calendars tap the Calendar button, then the Edit button and choose Add Calendar

I don't recommend using the Calendar app locally only. It is easy to lose important data when it is stored in just one place, especially a mobile device.

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts