What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mouse for ipad 2?

vanquish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did some searching and it does not look like the ipad is compatible with a mouse, is that correct?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you jailbreak the iPad1 you can install a mouse driver and use bluetooth mice. I use the Apple Magic Trackpad with mine on my desk in conjunction with the keyboard dock!

Unfortunately, there is no jailbreak option for the iPad2 yet, so if this is something you really want, you will just have to wait a while I'm afraid. Check back in the hacking section where we will announce when a iPad2 jailbreak is available.

Hope that helps.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
I'm gonna regret this question, but why on earth would you want to connect a mouse to an iPad?

And no I don't believe you can but somebody might be along and say you can if you jailbreak, but I don't know about that.

EDIT well I can't type fast enough lol, but I was right about somebody saying jailbreak could do it, and now I sort of see why, but I'd don't think I would ever consider it.

OP
V

vanquish

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm gonna regret this question, but why on earth would you want to connect a mouse to an iPad?

You are correct, you should regret asking such a question. If you don't want a mouse for yours that is fine, carry on.

As for why I want one that is easy, for the same reason I have a bluetooth keyboard.

tinytunerz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks,

I generally agree that a mouse should not be necessary. However, there is a growing need from my customers to be able to easily navigate around in the Citrix Receiver app for example.

Currently, you can use the iPhone as a mouse paired with your iPad within the Citrix Receiver app. The iPhone as a mouse is incredibly helpful, however, not all my customers have both an iPhone and an iPad. Using your finger or a stylus to do the same is very clumsy.

So I would be curious if anyone knows of a mouse that will pair and work with the iPad 2?

Regards,

Jeremy

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You won't be able to do it on the iPad2 until the jailbreak is available I'm afraid. Apple just don't allow it on a stock device.

Most reactions

Latest posts