What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mountain Lion is in the app store

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mac OS X Lion: Lion = king of the jungle
Mac OS X Mountain Lion (Cougar): Eats whatever meat it can hunt, such as deer.
Mac OS X Bobcat: Hunts rabbits, is about the size of adult humans and can live within urban area.

Sent from K48

OP
Pinkpoison

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow. I hope I don't run into one of those. Luckily the rural ones are smaller. :D
Its thought there are big cats,maybe Pumas living on the Yorkshire moors,there was a fashion once to have them as pets,its thought some may escaped or been let go.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Its thought there are big cats,maybe Pumas living on the Yorkshire moors,there was a fashion once to have them as pets,its thought some may escaped or been let go.

We have cougars in the area. They rarely come close to people, but when they start making a habit of it they get relocated (if they are lucky).

dana123

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So have we, about a dozen of them.........

c85a2bf2.jpg

..........in the local sweetie shop!!!!!
Wow .That's look really tasteful .And willing to have it now.Thanks:)

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk

I was fishing on the River Ribble for Barbel late one Summers evening, when across the far bank a large black cat came out of the growth, about a hundred yards upstream was a bridge, it could easily have made its way round quicker than I could have run, but thankfully it turned and headed away downstream.

Like you said poisonivy, probably an escapee!!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
BTW, in case no one understood my urban vs rural attempt at a joke; an adult Bobcat is about the size of a medium large dog, 14 to 40 lb for males (think labrador). They are little threat to an adult human, and don't have a reputation for attacking people (unless sick or rabid); though a dog stupid enough to tangle with one is unlikely to forget the experience, if it survives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobcat

biobunny

iPF Noob
Reaction score
twerppoet said:
BTW, in case no one understood my urban vs rural attempt at a joke; an adult Bobcat is about the size of a medium large dog, 14 to 40 lb for males (think labrador). They are little threat to an adult human, and don't have a reputation for attacking people (unless sick or rabid); though a dog stupid enough to tangle with one is unlikely to forget the experience, if it survives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobcat

I was abob to tell people to start Wikipediaing to get more info on big cats.

Sent from K48

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I was abob to tell people to start Wikipediaing to get more info on big cats.

Sent from K48

I'm glad I did. Bobcats get bigger than I thought. I'd have put their upper limit at about 25 pounds, but that just about the median. I remember them from old Wild Kingdom and Disney specials (I think) and they didn't look that big.

Most reactions

Latest posts