What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motorola’s Tablet Teaser Trailer Gently Pokes a Stick at the iPad and Galaxy tab

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quI2I8wLPdc[/ame]​

Motorola has published a teaser trailer video today, AppleInsider reports, which is designed to promote its own forthcoming tablet, featuring famous old historic tablets in a museum, and then finishing up with the iPad, which the trailer says is just “like a giant iPhoneâ€, and the Galaxy Tab, which it says is “Android OS, but Android OS…for a phone.†Then, it finally shows a plinth with the Motorola symbol and a shiny cover hiding presumably the forthcoming Motorola tablet, with the legend “CES 2011†which by my amazing powers of reasoning I deduce means that Motorola will be unveiling its very own tablet at CES 2011, and that it will have nothing to do with phones at all, no sir, judging by the advert. A bee also pops up at the end, but unfortunately my powers of deductive reasoning don’t stretch as far as working out exactly why! AppleInsider reckons it might be a hint about the name of the next Android mobile operating system, Android 3.0 Honeycomb, and they may well be right.

Source: AppleInsider | Motorola hypes its tablet by calling Apple's iPad a 'giant iPhone'

Yakuzagang5

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The os the iPad uses was tweaked to a tablet specific design, I don't see how android 3.0 is gonna be much different. And just saw a video on the new Adam, can anyone say lag city? Lol

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Android 3.0 is going to be a tablet specific OS. The versions of Android out now on tablets are designed for phones, just basically being adapted to the larger screen. It will be significantly different.

eltos_lightfoot

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will be the exact same as the difference between my droid and the iPod touch. If you want to sit around and tweak the sucker all day (and I have rooted mine), the go with the android tablet. It will allow way more customization, but will be less linear in terms of overall experience--more up and down.

The iPod touch (and iPad) are guilty of a walled garden, but it never seems to slow down. As soon as Verizon has an iPhone, probably so will I.

I will definitely stay with the iPad.

JohnMorris

iPF Noob
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]Motorola[/FONT][FONT=&quot] is planning to launch its new Tablet Computer named “Google[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Android 3.0 Honeycomb Tablet†with latest features and 10†Touch screen.

[/FONT]

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Fraid Motorola recently bought out zumocast and have withdrawn the app so they are going on my shit list. Found that app so useful.

Most reactions

Latest posts