What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motorcycling holiday

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some advice please fellow forum iPad gurus.

I'm off on my holidays in four days time. A HOG European tour, 13 days, taking in European Bike Week in Faaker See which is a beautiful lake in the Carpathian mountain region of Austria.

Now Harleys aren't exactly as smooth cruisers as, say, a BMW and it goes without saying that luggage space is limited. 13 days clothing for varying conditions, shaver and toilet bag (yes girls some of us like to remain fragrant), spare jacket and shoes, DSLR with decent lens, rain gear, two cell phones (work + personal). You'll catch my drift.

Do I take my iPad? Or will my iPhone 4 do all I need?

Thanks chaps.

OP
King Hal

King Hal

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Okay, thanks, I'll have to make a plan on how to pack the iPad.

TimTheos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I ride a Harley Ultra, and always take my iPad as well as my iPhone. I just tuck the iPad wrapped in a spare pair of jeans, well padded with other clothing. It all goes in the tour pack. There is plenty of luggage space with the tour pack, two saddle bags and a strap on luggage on the rack.

iPadster

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Some advice please fellow forum iPad gurus.

I'm off on my holidays in four days time. A HOG European tour, 13 days, taking in European Bike Week in Faaker See which is a beautiful lake in the Carpathian mountain region of Austria.

Now Harleys aren't exactly as smooth cruisers as, say, a BMW and it goes without saying that luggage space is limited. 13 days clothing for varying conditions, shaver and toilet bag (yes girls some of us like to remain fragrant), spare jacket and shoes, DSLR with decent lens, rain gear, two cell phones (work + personal). You'll catch my drift.

Do I take my iPad? Or will my iPhone 4 do all I need?

Thanks chaps.

I ride an 07 Heritage Softail and it's smooth as silk even at 90 mph. My wife and I always travel together and now we take are ipads everywhere we go.

Most reactions

Latest posts