What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Motion unlock iPad???

climbingmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I was wondering if any one has any suggestions for my problem? I use my iPad1 as a media device in my living room, mainly as a Sonos & Plex controller. I want to disable the lock screen and have the iPad turn on when moved ie when picked up. Does anyone know if this is possible?

Many thanks
Mike

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi. Its not possible on a stock iPad, but there are options when you jailbreak which might suit you...

The JB App "ScreenDimmer" for example has accelerometer based triggers which can be seen on this screenie, allowing you to undim / wake the device when picked up. You can use the JB app "NoLockScreen" to bypass the lock screen.

Check out our hacking section for more details on jailbreaking.

Attachments

• image-806995652.png
    image-806995652.png
    172.8 KB · Views: 411
Last edited:

MistaKuraudo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I suppose a legit way to do it without jailbreaking would be using a magnet. Like putting a smart cover on the table you would usually place your ipad, and when you put it down it'll lock it, and when you pick it up it'll turn on. Never really tried something like that but it might work.

OP
C

climbingmike

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi. Its not possible on a stock iPad, but there are options when you jailbreak which might suit you...

The JB App "ScreenDimmer" for example has accelerometer based triggers which can be seen on this screenie, allowing you to undim / wake the device when picked up. You can use the JB app "NoLockScreen" to bypass the lock screen.

Check out our hacking section for more details on jailbreaking.

Thanks for that, it looks like just want I need and I have jailbroken so should be no problem :)

Many thanks
Mike

Most reactions

Latest posts