What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More than one ipad?

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Curious to know if anyone uses more than one iPad and if so what for?

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi applechick-I am going to move this from the Polls section over to the General Discussions.

Thanks!

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I still have my Android tablet that I bought as a stop-gap last summer to tie me over until the new iPad was released. I still like it very much, but it does not compare to the iPad 3.

Diane B

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I kept my Pad 1 when I got my Ipad 3 Friday. I have returned it to default and installed only music apps--Rhapsody, Pandora, my music, the app for my NPR station, etc.. I have downloaded all the Rhapsody tracks in my playlists for offline listening. I have it in a Dodo case which sits beside my right hand front seat. Its much easier to use for this than my aging Touch plus I get the advantage of the 10 hr. battery which seems much more using it only for streaming and playing offline. My Ipad 3 has everything else on it and I do carry it everywhere.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have iPad 1 and 2 and use them at the same time or interchangeably. I'll watch Netflix on one and surf on the other, for example. I use both a lot. I bought a second so I'd always have one charged up, for home or not. If I'm headed out the door, I'll grab the one that's got more juice.

Even with two, I'll sometimes have one charging and want to use two at the same time. For instance, I might want to produce a Keynote presentation while looking at data on another screen, rather than toggling back and forth between apps on one iPad. In that case, I'll filch my husband's iPad to serve as my second screen.

zipur

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I have iPad 1 and 2 and use them at the same time or interchangeably. I'll watch Netflix on one and surf on the other, for example. I use both a lot. I bought a second so I'd always have one charged up, for home or not. If I'm headed out the door, I'll grab the one that's got more juice.

Even with two, I'll sometimes have one charging and want to use two at the same time. For instance, I might want to produce a Keynote presentation while looking at data on another screen, rather than toggling back and forth between apps on one iPad. In that case, I'll filch my husband's iPad to serve as my second screen.

So what type of data plan do you have if any?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So what type of data plan do you have if any?

Grandfathered AT&T unlimited 3G. I swap the SIM between my iPads 1 and 2, so that whichever I leave the house with has 3G access.

My husband's iPad is wifi only, though.

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Hi applechick-I am going to move this from the Polls section over to the General Discussions.

Thanks!

OP
applechick

applechick

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:

What size are they?

beesknees

iPF Noob
Reaction score
While we use them interchangeably it is nice to have a his and hers. Playing local games is something we have started doing more.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

I love reading your posts, KayKayKay. Your ideas and things you do on your ipads are great to know, seems very effective. I like what you do with when making a Keynote presentation-very clever!

Most reactions

Latest posts