1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

More than one ipad?

Discussion in 'iPad General Discussions' started by applechick, Mar 19, 2012.

1. applechick

applechick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    Curious to know if anyone uses more than one iPad and if so what for?
  2. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,023 / 0
    Hi applechick-I am going to move this from the Polls section over to the General Discussions.

Thanks!
  3. zphone

zphone iPad Enthusiast

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14 / 0
    I still have my Android tablet that I bought as a stop-gap last summer to tie me over until the new iPad was released. I still like it very much, but it does not compare to the iPad 3.
  4. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    I kept my Pad 1 when I got my Ipad 3 Friday. I have returned it to default and installed only music apps--Rhapsody, Pandora, my music, the app for my NPR station, etc.. I have downloaded all the Rhapsody tracks in my playlists for offline listening. I have it in a Dodo case which sits beside my right hand front seat. Its much easier to use for this than my aging Touch plus I get the advantage of the 10 hr. battery which seems much more using it only for streaming and playing offline. My Ipad 3 has everything else on it and I do carry it everywhere.
  5. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I have iPad 1 and 2 and use them at the same time or interchangeably. I'll watch Netflix on one and surf on the other, for example. I use both a lot. I bought a second so I'd always have one charged up, for home or not. If I'm headed out the door, I'll grab the one that's got more juice.

Even with two, I'll sometimes have one charging and want to use two at the same time. For instance, I might want to produce a Keynote presentation while looking at data on another screen, rather than toggling back and forth between apps on one iPad. In that case, I'll filch my husband's iPad to serve as my second screen.
  6. zipur

zipur iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +20 / 0
    So what type of data plan do you have if any?
  7. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Grandfathered AT&T unlimited 3G. I swap the SIM between my iPads 1 and 2, so that whichever I leave the house with has 3G access.

My husband's iPad is wifi only, though.
  8. applechick

applechick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
  9. applechick

applechick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    What size are they?
  10. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Mine are both 64GB. My husband's is 32GB.
  11. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,075 / 1
    I have 2 iPad 2s,both 64gb wifi models and a 32gb wifi iPad 3.
  12. applechick

applechick iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    All for you?
  13. beesknees

beesknees iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    While we use them interchangeably it is nice to have a his and hers. Playing local games is something we have started doing more.
  14. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,075 / 1
    Unless I decide to sell one.
  15. skimonkey

skimonkey Administrator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,023 / 0
    I love reading your posts, KayKayKay. Your ideas and things you do on your ipads are great to know, seems very effective. I like what you do with when making a Keynote presentation-very clever!
  16. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    Thanks, skimonkey.

I've really gotten my money's worth out of my iPads and am really glad I didn't hesitate to buy from the get-go.
  17. Traquy

Traquy iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We don't have one yet, but plan to buy a 64g New iPad for my husband, and a now cheaper iPad 2 16g for DD and her educational games. I will use whichever is available.
  18. Diane B

Diane B iPad Junkie

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36 / 0
    I have to say that I would not like sharing my Ipad with my husband. I have lots and lots of content on mine in Goodreader, several note taking apps, other apps. Though we share apps we certainly don't have the same ones on our Ipads --nor books either. Its strictly his and hers here LOL. I bought him his in August 2010 after i had had mine since May. I added the Ipad 3 Friday because I would say I'm close to a ā€¯power user" of the Ipad if there is such and he does tend to use it more as "consumer". So we have 3 Ipads and he doesn't feel a need for the 3. It was a need for me, altho' the two would have also. likely have sufficed. My original Ipad 1 is now strictly for music though. Its non-3G but since we have wifi so many places in my area I rarely needed it and have it on. the 3 primarily for emergenciesand travel.
  19. Kaykaykay

Kaykaykay iPad Wizard

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +441 / 0
    I don't use wifi unless I know its security setup and who else is on the network, so I wouldn't buy an iPad without 3G (or 4G). I don't care to tether or use my-fi, either.

My husband barely uses his iPad (leaves it permanently in the kitchen and uses it only to stream audio while cooking), so wifi worKs for him. He doesn't have any content on his iPad other than what I've put on there, so borrowing his is no prob.
  20. Lunar

Lunar Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    The wife has my old iPad 1 64/3g and I've bought the new iPad3 64/4G so 2 iPads in this household, I also have a Android Galaxy tablet too. TBH we have far too many toys, I spend a fortune on upgrading my PC every 18mths or so, and we have 2 laptops and a Acer notebook, none of which gets used that much, PC & ipads being the exception. I think the old saying...more money than sense springs to mind..lol. What is likely surprising is that we are both pensioners in late sixties, though I did have a computer business for many years and still do a fair bit of programming (C/C++ & SQL + web design, currently playing around with Apples SDK tools for doing own apps) though admittedly more of a hobby these days.
    :)
    Even in old age.. your never too old to enjoy yourself, it's important to keep the mind active even if the body is less able, and of course if yourv'e worked hard for 50yrs you should have managed to accrue a little cash so you can afford one's toys, if you haven't by our age it's unlikely you ever will...lol so yes, I love my toys and cars for that matter & still do a lot of on-line gaming too on the PC & PS3's, IOW being in sane mind, I spent it all before snuffing it.. :D

As for use, well the iPads are mainly used for web browsing when away from PC's, I also have about 38 of our favourite films installed which come in handy when away on holidays which is often. I also use my iPad for online game chat using Teamspeak when I'm playing games online. I also like the convenience of just being able to have a quick browse on the web when relaxing on the settee, or for streaming live TV etc. In addition my wife also enjoys playing her daft games on hers, she has quite a few installed, such as Scrabble, Yahtzy, chess, card games etc.. it keeps her happy, tho she uses our 2nd ps3 and her Nintendo 3DS for gaming too, and remember wer'e nearly 70ys of age..lol... the grand-kids love it when they visit...lol
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2012